H2020: ERC in Social Sciences and Humanities
15.8.2019 The Research Office MU in cooperation with Matthew Rampley (ERC Advance grant holder, Faculty of Arts) invite you to the workshop H2020: ERC in Social and Humanities.
WHEN: September 11, 2019 (2 – 4:30 PM)
WHERE: BRNO, Masaryk University, Komenského nám. 2, room 300
Supporting your Research with the European Research Council
Since its launch in 2007, the European Research Council has become the major international funder of research. For the Horizon 2020 project (2014-2020) alone it has funded projects to a value of some € 13 billion. The Czech Republic has a small but growing number of successful award holders. This workshop is designed to help researchers with potential projects on how to apply to the ERC, with advice on what is available and practical feedback on initial research project ideas. It will be organised in two parts:
1. Presentations on the ERC and the experience of successfully applying for research awards by:
- Aneta Barkley (ERC Project Advisor);
- Nicla de Zorzi (University of Vienna, PI of ERC Starting Grant REPAC: Repetition, Parallelism and Creativity: An Inquiry into the Construction of Meaning in Ancient Mesopotamian Literature and Erudition)
- Matthew Rampley (Masaryk University, PI of ERC Advanced Grant CRAACE: Continuity / Rupture in Art and Architecture of Central Europe 1918-1939)
2. Informal small group discussions of your ideas for potential research projects and how to make them suitable for the ERC. These might be either at a very early stage of development, or you might have already been thinking about them for some time. Bring along your ideas to share with your colleagues.